PRODUCT WARRANTY CERTIFICATE
Stainless Steel Water Tanks
30 Year Warranty Terms and Conditions
When you purchase from STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD, we value you, our customer, and want to make your experience with our business the best experience possible. If something goes wrong with your product, you should always contact us and we will do whatever we can to help. Please read the terms and conditions below that fully outline your warranty rights.
Statutory Notice to Consumers*
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
* The term consumer is defined in the Australian Consumer Law.
Subject to and in accordance with the Conditions of Warranty appearing below, STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD guarantees to repair or replace (at our sole discretion) any defect or fault in:
- a STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD 304 Grade Stainless Steel water tank for a period of thirty (30) years;
- a STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD 316 Grade Stainless Steel water tank for a period of thirty (30) years;
Purchased and installed in mainland Australia, where such defect or fault is caused by our manufacturing process.
Conditions of Warranty
- The Warranty period commences on the date of original purchase and applies to products located in mainland Australia only.
- The original invoice or receipted delivery docket must be retained and produced as proof of purchase.
- This Warranty applies to the stainless steel structure of the tank only and does not extend to accessories such as the strainer, outlet, valve, tap, overflow or any other fittings, parts or accessories. This Guarantee also excludes replacement of any tank contents.
- This Warranty does not apply to any fittings, parts or accessories not manufactured by STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD or any damage, fault or defect as a result of such fittings, parts or accessories. Any accessories supplied but not manufactured by STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD will be covered by any relevant manufacturer’s warranty.
- This Warranty does not apply to the tank colour which may in time fade or change.
- The Customer must strictly follow all installation instructions. Installation instructions are supplied when the tank is delivered or may be downloaded from our website www.stainlesssteeltanks.com.au.
Failure to strictly comply with these instructions renders this Warranty void.
- This Guarantee will not apply, and the Guarantee will be void, in circumstances where, in STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD sole opinion:
i. the product has not been properly installed and maintained in accordance with STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD installation instructions; or
ii. after-sale modifications have been made to a product or the installation of accessories or fittings that are not suitable for the particular product; or
iii. a product has been used for any purpose other than strictly for the purpose for which it was intended; or
iv. Storage of any liquid or material other than normal rain water
v. a tank has at any time been used to transport water; or
vi. a tank has been moved by any persons other than a representative of Stainless Steel Tanks Pty Ptd; or
vii. a tank was not properly secured or had an unsound base or the tank site was not properly prepared; or
viii. Mechanical or chemical damage resulting from installation
ix. any defect or fault is due to war, riot, civil commotion, terrorist activities or natural weather events beyond the control on STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD.
x. Photos of the installed tanks have not been provided to STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD within 7 days of the installation occurring
- Repair work is only undertaken once the tank has been emptied. The Customer will be responsible for all costs and expenses associated with emptying water from the tank. The Customer will be responsible for all landscaping, plumbing and electrical works and the costs of lifting equipment and additional labour hire for any repair or replacements.
- If you wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you must notify STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD of any defect or fault within 7 days of it occurring. All claims must be made in writing via email and you will be required to provide with it a copy of your proof of purchase. STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD must be given an opportunity to inspect the tank within 28 days of such notification. Failure by the Customer to ensure compliance with these requirements renders this Warranty void.
- STAINLESS STEEL TANKS PTY LTD will assess all written claims and repair or replace the product at its own discretion on the basis set out in the warranty.
Contact us for more information
- Base Preparation
- Delivery & Installation
- Tank Calculator
Base preparation is an important part of your stainless steel tank installation. Ensuring you have a solid foundation for your water tank at the outset saves you costly maintenance and repairs in the long run. You... more
At Stainless Steel Tanks, we aim to make it as easy as possible to get your stainless steel water tank delivered, installed and working in no time. Our experienced team knows what works and is... more
The team at Stainless Steel Tanks leverages more than 10 years of experience in the industry to provide handy tips about stainless steel water tank maintenance. Your stainless steel water tank comes with a 10-year warranty,... more
Stainless steel rain water tanks are a big investment, so it’s important to ensure you select the best tank for your needs. We recommend using a rain water tank calculator to determine the ideal tank size, based... more