Summer maintenance tips for stainless steel water tanksPosted on November 28, 2019 in News & Projects
Running quick and easy maintenance checks on your stainless steel water tanks during summer is an important way to optimise your water supply.
Simple maintenance helps ensure you have enough water to last during the drier months. It also allows you to make sure your precious drinking water remains uncontaminated and gives you an opportunity to inspect your tank for any problems.
At Stainless Steel Tanks, we know the products we produce are of a high quality. They’re tough, durable and recyclable. And they’re brilliant for the safe, uncontaminated storage of water.
Here are some basic steps to follow when caring for your tank and stored water:
- The most obvious step to take is to ensure your tank has enough water to last the coming year;
- The next thing to do is tank clean-up duty. And it’s not hard. You just need to remove any leaves or debris out of nearby roof gutters that feed water into the tank, as well as tank hatches and inlets;
- Don’t forget to check and clean inlet and outlet strainers too – it’s all part of keeping your water clean and free of contaminants;
- Inspect for bugs or animals such as frogs in your stainless steel water tank. These can potentially contaminate your drinking water, which is not good;
- And finally, check the quality of the water stored in the tank.
Tank maintenance is not hard work. But it’s important work. Without doing those basics, such as ensuring gutters and strainers are clear, you won’t get the optimum water harvest flowing into your stainless steel water tanks when valuable rain finally arrives.